Wells House and Gardens Courtyard Cottages 2020
ACCOMMODATION TERMS & CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions apply for guest accommodation contracts as well as for all other supplies and services provided by Wells House and Gardens (hereinafter (“WHG”)
Unless expressly recognised in writing by WHG, alternative provisions, including those contained in the general terms and conditions of the guest or the customer, shall not be applicable.
A guest accommodation contract (hereinafter: “contract”) is established when a booking is received from the guest or customer on our Booking platform. This agreement encompasses the reserved services of the WHG.
The contractual partners are WHG and the guest. If a third party undertakes the booking for the guest, it and the guest will be jointly and severally liable to WHG for all obligations arising from the contract, provided WHG has possession of a corresponding declaration from the customer. Irrespective of this, every customer is obliged to pass on to the guest all information relevant to the booking, particularly these terms and conditions and to obtain his acknowledgement thereof.
Sub-contracting or sub-letting of cottages, together with their use for any purposes other than accommodation, require the prior written approval of WHG.
Services, prices, payment
WHG requests a deposit payment of 25% at the time of booking. Balance of payment will be due 28 days before check in date. No invoice or letter of confirmation can be dispatched to you until the booking deposit has been received.
Change to your Booking:
In the event of you wishing to make a change to your booking, should we be able to facilitate you, there will be an administration charge of €50. If we facilitate you in any such change, your cancellation rights are still as detailed under the cancellation policy.
Method of Payment:
We accept payment by Debit/Credit Card or Bank Transfer. Payments by cheque or Postal Orders are not accepted.
Privacy and GDPR
We protect our guests card details by complying with the regulations concerning the processing & retention of card details by banks and the GDPR data retention regulations.
- • WHG is obliged to make available the cottage that the guest has reserved in accordance with these terms and conditions and to provide the agreed services.
- • The guest is obliged to pay the current or agreed WHG prices for the hire of the cottage and for any other services he has made use of. This also applies to services and expenses that the guest or the customer requests WHG to provide vis-à-vis third parties.
- • The agreed prices include the applicable statutory rate of VAT. If the period between the conclusion of contract and the arrival of the guest exceeds four months and the statutory rate of VAT or local taxes and charges increase following the conclusion of contract, WHG reserves the right to increase the agreed price by an amount equal to that of the increase of the payable VAT or local taxes and charges.
- • WHG is entitled to adjust prices if, following the conclusion of contract, the guest requests changes to the number of cottages reserved, the other services required of WHG or the length of the stay of the guest and WHG agrees to these changes.
- • WHG invoices are payable in full prior to arrival. The guest will be automatically in default if he/she fails to make payment 28 days prior to arrival.
- • WHG is entitled, upon conclusion of the contract or subsequently, to request a reasonable advance payment or security deposit from the guest. The amount of the advance payment and the due date for its payment may be agreed in the contract. During the stay of the guest in WHG, WHG is furthermore entitled at any time to request payment for the costs currently incurred by the guest to that time by issuing an interim invoice and to demand its immediate settlement.
- • The guest is only entitled to make set-offs against the claims of WHG, if its counterclaims are undisputed or have been confirmed by way of a final legal judgement.
Cancellation (withdrawal) by Customer:
In the event that you wish to cancel your reservation, the following terms & conditions will apply:
- • Only lodging costs are refunded. Additional extras, including, but not limited to cleaning fees, taxes, and other ancillary charges, will not be refunded
- • Refund payments for cancelled bookings will be released back to the cancelling guest on the scheduled date of check-out of the original booking.
- • Cancellations made 1 day prior to or the day of check-in will not be eligible for refund. Example: For a check in on Saturday, guests could cancel the prior Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, but not Friday (1 day prior) or Saturday (day of check in).
- • Guests may cancel their reservation by notifying the property management in writing that they wish to cancel.
We strongly advise that clients take out travel insurance to cover any costs associated with having to cancel a booking.
Arrival & Departure Time:
Arrivals are to be between 4pm and 8pm, unless a specific exception is granted. Departure is by 10am. These times must be strictly adhered to. Please call your On-site Manager 48 hours before your arrival date to confirm your arrival time and key collection arrangements.
You must call with your estimated arrival time 48 hours before your arrival date. Failure to notify the On-site Manager of a late arrival may result in your reservation being cancelled. Late arrivals may in some cases be facilitated by prior arrangement only and may incur a late arrival fee of €25.
Right to Decline:
WHG reserves the right to refuse, alter or cancel a booking, even after receipt of payment.
In addition, the company is relieved of all liability should reserved accommodation not be available due to circumstances beyond our control. In such an instance a full refund will be offered. However, no refund or liability will apply to a situation where a client is requested to vacate, or leaves of their own accord, prior to the expiration of the booking.
WHG is entitled to withdraw from the contract if there are significant reasons, especially if
- • an act of God or other circumstances beyond the control of WHG make the fulfilment of the contract impossible.
- • cottages are booked under misleading or erroneous information concerning material matters, e.g. relating to the identity of the guest.
- • WHG has good reason for supposing that the use of WHG services could significantly jeopardise the smooth running of WHG operations, or the safety of WHG guests or employees or besmirch the reputation of WHG in the public eye in a manner beyond the control or scope of WHG organisation.
- • there is unpermitted sub-contracting or sub-letting of cottages.
Wells House & Gardens reserves the right to terminate this contract if the behaviour or conduct of the consumer either prior to or during a holiday is likely to endanger the safety or well-being of other consumers in the party or that of the consumer himself.
For Insurance reasons, the total number of clients staying in each holiday home must not exceed the maximum capacity.
Wells House & Gardens, its employees or agents shall not be liable for any damages, loss, or personal injury which may be sustained by persons or property at any time during the reserved stay.
In the unlikely event of a complaint, it should be brought to the attention of the site-manager immediately. Failure to register a complaint while on site may invalidate a future claim. Failing a satisfactory solution, you should contact Wells House & Gardens and a written complaint should be logged within 14 days of departure.
Default by the Customer:
The consumer is obliged to ensure that all documentation and details issued to you by Wells House & Gardens are correct. In an unlikely event that you do not agree with the documentation, it must be brought to our attention immediately.
Bed Linen & Towels
Bed linen is supplied free of charge in all of our properties. Towels are not supplied but are available for hire and are subject to a charge of normally €2 per set. When a cottage is rented for more than one week, you may liaise directly with the On-site Manager if fresh bed linen and towels are required. A fee may be required for these extra services.
Wood Fired Stoves
We provide one bag of logs on day of arrival. Further bags may be purchased at €5 per bag.
When a rental is for longer than one week, cleaning of the house during rental must be requested from the On-site Manager and a fee may apply.
Food & Drink
All food & drink is to be provided by the guest and must be removed from the Cottage in its entirety at the end of the booking period. The on-site restaurant is available to order from during normal opening hours but will not accommodate food brought from off site. Outdoor picnic areas are available for off-site food.
While dogs on leads are permitted on the grounds, pets are not allowed in any accommodation.
Children under the age of 8 are permitted to ride bicycles on paths under their parent’s supervision. Care must be taken to respect the other guests, so children are requested to keep their speed to a walking pace.
Requests for specific houses, etc. must be made at time of reservation and whilst we will endeavour to meet all special requests, they cannot be guaranteed. If confirmation of your reservation depends on a particular house being available, we regret we cannot accept the booking.
Currently available cottages would be inconsistent with the special needs of a disabled person as they are Historic Listed structures.
Wells House & Gardens does not accept bookings from groups of parties under the age of 25, or hen/stag parties unless otherwise agreed in writing. Excess noise, inebriation or damage to property will result in the immediate expulsion of the entire group.
We reserve the right to refuse to check-in such groups and will not refund any monies paid in advance in the event of non-disclosure of the age of the occupants.
No guest under the age of 25 can book a Wells House & Gardens property. Guests under the age of 25 must be accompanied by at least one person over 25 years of age.
Confirmation of Bookings:
All bookings are subject to availability. In the unlikely event of us been unable to allocate you the house booked, you will be given the options of either accepting an offer of alternative accommodation of a similar standard, in a similar location or a full refund of all monies paid to us. In the event of you opting to take a refund, compensation will be limited to the amount of money we have received to date.
In the event your booking was made on our website please note the email you receive on booking is not a final booking invoice. We reserve the right to decline such bookings up until we issue a final written invoice.